Contact us today to get the support you need

Cabin Crew

If you work for an airline and your employer does not contribute towards the cost of cleaning your uniform, you may be eligible to claim a tax rebate from HMRC. All uniformed employees are entitled to tax relief for uniform cleaning, but the allowances for cabin crew are some of the most generous available.

Health Care Workers

Nurses, midwives and other healthcare workers are amongst a rare group of employees who are eligible to claim extra tax relief for certain expenses they incur as part of their job. Over the years, this tax relief can add up to hundreds of pounds and can only be reclaimed by submitting a claim to HMRC.

Work Mileage Allowance Rebate

If you are required to use your own vehicle for work, you may be able to claim Mileage Allowance Relief from HMRC based on the number of business miles you travel. This tax relief could be worth up to 45p for every mile you have traveled since April 2015.

Mechanic Tax Rebate

Regardless of the industry you work in, if you pay for your own tools, then you'll be eligible for a tool tax rebate. This is really handy for those working as mechanics, auto technicians and engineers who could be entitled to a nice chunk of money back at the end of each financial year. With average first-time rebates of around £900, you could be lining the taxman’s pockets by not claiming your allowance, so read on to find how you can go about claiming your tool tax rebate and start thinking about all of the things you could spend that cash on.

Police Officer

Most police officers are entitled to claim a special flat rate tax allowance of £140 every year. If you pay tax at the basic rate (20%), this means you will save £28 per year by claiming this relief. You can claim this back for the last 4 years, so you could potentially receive a cash rebate of £112 if you have not claimed before.

Teacher Tax Rebate

Teachers and other education professionals can claim tax relief on costs such as professional subscriptions and other work-related expenses. Depending on your circumstances, claims can be backdated to cover the last 4 tax years, so don’t miss out on what you are entitled to.

Uniform Tax Rebate

If you wear a uniform or protective clothing to work, you are eligible to apply for a tax rebate.

Marriage Tax Allowance Rebate

Marriage Allowance allows the lower earner within the marriage or civil partnership to transfer £1,190 of their unused personal allowance to their higher-earning partner, doing this will reduce the higher earner’s income tax bill by up to £238 per year.